WATS gives you the operational opportunity to reduce or eliminate the risk of sending non-functioning or inadequate products to the market --producing the strategic benefit of increased corporate value!
When it comes to effective decision making, most process leaders agree that data quality comes first. There’s no escaping the fact that fast, accurate data should dictate every detail of the process. Where adjustments need to be made, old-fashioned trial and error is not an option. But how can businesses ensure they have the right data in the right place at the right time? Not easy.
The substantial challenges for most OEM / Manufacturing companies include acquiring, storing, analyzing and reporting test and repair data – transferring reports between departments, customers, business critical systems and geographical areas.
The big questions are, what happens to test and repair data? And how are companies utilizing their potential gold mine of information?
OEM/manufacturing companies have various testing routines, ranging from manual inspections to Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) for quality control and efficiency gains. After units or products pass different test steps during production is handled in a wide range of ways:
- Data are semi-stored or not stored at all
- Data are stored in many scattered places and in many different media, such as different disks, word format, paper stacks, excel sheets. The variety is endless.
- Data are not utilized after products have passed test and repairs
- Due to the lack of a standard and off-the-shelf product some companies have various home-grown solutions in different parts of the organization.
- Home grown solutions are seldom standardized, have insufficient functionality, lack a support organization, or the “people who made them have quit”.
- Home-grownsolutions become inferior, can’t keep up with new demands, and are costly to maintain
- Here, too, the possibilities are endless.
A powerful solution is now available on the market, as a standard, off-the-shelf product. WATS was introduced in 2003 and has been developed and continuously improved ever since, in cooperation with future-oriented and technology leading OEM/Manufacturing companies across the Energy, Defense & Aerospace, Marine, Industrial and EMS industries. The WATS scalable solution is benefiting a range of companies from small business to large companies with 30,000 employees. It’s used in 14 countries on four continents makes WATS a well-proven solution.
As a customer-driven product, WATS has these advantages:
- Full control and traceability throughout the entire Supply Chain
- A highly complex but easy-to-use solution
- Easy to implement
- Easy to integrate to other business critical systems (ERP, MES, PLM, and BI, among others) for (even higher ?) complete data and information flow
- Sharing experienced development across many customer needs
- Sharing costs for the development and support organization with other OEM / Manufacturing companies